Upcoming SWS Webinars
Monthly webinars are offered as a benefit of membership. Once each quarter, in March, July, September and December, the monthly SWS webinar is open for non-members to attend (and at no cost), as well. Please login to register. If you are a member, and you log in, you can register for member-only webinars by clicking here, or going to the "Events" pull-down menu and choosing "upcoming" webinars. If the site says you are not allowed to view this resource, your membership may not be current, or you are not a current member. Note, you can be a registered user of this site and not an SWS Member.
- If you registered but did not receive a confirmation link from Zoom, Check your junk, clutter, or spam folder.
- If you originally entered your email with a typo, you won't receive the email. Please register again.
- Having trouble joining a webinar? Please check your system to ensure you can connect on the practice session. https://support.zoom.us/hc/en-us/articles/115004954946-Joining-and-participating-in-a-webinar-attendee-
- If you are clicking on the Join Webinar and "nothing" appears to happen. You may be prevented by virus blocking software, or your IT dept. Contact your IT Staff.
- If you are unable to attend, we record all of our webinars, so if you miss the live version you can watch it within 24-48 hours of the broadcast. Click here to see our webinar archive.
- Have questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our Webinar Series Sponsors:
December 2020: SWS History - 40 Years of Globalization
December 17, 2020 | 9:00-10:30 a.m. ET
SWS History - 40 Years of Globalization
Presenter: Kathy Ewel
Katherine Ewel was born and raised in Glens Falls, New York, USA. She earned an AB in Zoology in 1966 from Cornell University and a PhD in Zoology in 1970 from the University of Florida. She is now Professor Emerita at the University of Florida, USA, where she had been a faculty member in the School of Forest Resources and Conservation from 1973 to 1994. The research reported here was conducted while she was a Senior Scientist with the USDA Forest Service in Hawaii, USA, where she worked from 1994 to 2005.
Webinars on YouTube
The SWS Webinar Committee is excited to announce that our free quarterly webinar recordings are now available on the SWS YouTube channel! Additionally, SWS supporters around the world can watch the webinars with subtitles in their native language.
To view the webinars with subtitles, click the “CC” button in the bottom, right-hand corner of the video. You can change the language of the subtitles by clicking on the settings button in the bottom, right-hand corner and going to subtitles/CC > auto-translate > and choosing the language of your choice.
Here's what our members are saying...
"Thank you, presenters, and thank you SWS for hosting this. It is a great SWS membership benefit." - Kurt Kowalski, Ann Arbor, MI
"Excellent coverage of fascinating topics for wetland scientists!" - Ellen Hartig, New York, NY
Interested in viewing more webinars? Visit the Association of State Wetland Managers (ASWM) webinar's page to access free webinars. These webinars focus on various topics, mostly relating to a specific project or workgroup. To learn more please click here.